Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fat Me vs Skinny Me

This morning I woke up not wanting to go to the gym. I got up to turn off my alarm and thought of hundreds of reasons why I shouldn't go to the gym, "I didn't get enough sleep last night." "I'm tired." "One day of not going won't hurt." "I'm sore." ...you get the drift. And guess what I did! I put on my workout clothes, running shoes, and big girl panties, sucked it up and went anyway. Did 20 minutes of the treadmill, 30 on the stationary bike, and some strength exercises. When I was done I was so glad I had gone. I imagine there's gonna be days when Fat Me is gonna tell me that working out is too hard or I'm too busy watching tv to get up and run. But the skinny bitch in me has a louder voice. And she is telling me to stop making excuses for myself. I like Skinny Me. She has shown me that consistency is key and that one day, this new lifestyle is going to consume me and Fat Me will no longer exist.



No comments:

Post a Comment