Friday, June 14, 2013

You're Gonna Miss This

Summer is here and although I have Adryan at home all year round, he is getting to the age we can do more things together in public places. He is just getting easier to handle. No more diaper bag to carry around, no more fifteen strap carseats to deal with...you get the idea.
So yesterday we decided we would go to the library. On our way over there, we drove by a monster truck. He was so excited about it, I decided to make a u-turn so he could see it up close. We got off and took a couple of pictures with it and we even got free snowcones from a nearby sponsor tent. We were there a good ten minutes before I decided it was too hot. We got back in the car and headed to the library. We returned some books and got some new ones. Adryan played with some puzzles and colored at an activity table in the kid's section. He even made a couple of friends. And I felt so proud of him cause he drew eyebrows on a picture and the librarian said he was a very observant and bright little three year old. My pride was at a 12 out of 10. The afternoon was pure bliss. We even got home and he cooperated for his nap. I had to do a double take and make sure I had brought the right kid back from the library. No fuss. I even started to think he was over his Terrible Threes stage. Of course I was too quick to think my boy could possible be turning into a well behaved young man because once he woke from his nap it all went downhill. I cleaned up two JuicyJuice messes. One on the kitchen floor and one off the carpet in the living room, he wanted to borrow my phone to play a game and cried until he got his way, then this happened...
:0
Hhe ate one of my birth control pills. I  was freaking OUT! My first instinct was to call Poison Control but I didn't have the number on hand so I just called his pediatrician's office. I spoke to the nurse and she reassured me that it was harmless especially because it was an inactive pill (the white ones). I sighed in relief and used that exact moment to vent about my active day with him. She chuckled and said 'Enjoy him while he's young cause when he grows up you're gonna wish you could go back in time.' This really hit me after I hung up. She was right. Sometimes we get so caught up in the now that we forget the little things in life. These are the things we're gonna look back and laugh at for years to come. So just breath it in and enjoy the moment. Even when you want to pull your hair out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment