Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Slow progress is better than no progress.

Last night I started to think about how long it took me to get where I am. I thought about the struggles I faced, the smartee choices I was getting used to, the sacrifices I had to make and generally how much happier I am now than what I was 2 years ago. I began thinking about how lately I've slacked on giving it my 110%. I realize we are only human but I also realize that because we're human, we are capable of making better choices. I told myself I woukd get up at 4 in the morning and go to the gym just like I used to when I was so dedicated.
This morning rolls around and I told myself a hundred reasons as to why I shouldn't go. It's too early, I cant find my workout clothes, it's too far, etc. Then something happened. I had a small confrontation with myself, pushed all the negative thoughts out of the way and just went. On the way in, the negative thoughts lingered in my head again. This time I drowned them out with my earbuds, blasting a fast paced song on Pandora. I had a great workout. Got my sweat on and drove home in satisfaction. If I had listened to all the excuses I made up for myself, I wouldnt have gone and I would have been upset with myself.
One simple positive thought changed my whole day. Tomorrow is another day. I double dog dare myself to go again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment