Tuesday, October 23, 2012

30 lb Loss Victory!!

So I weighed myself this morning at the gym before my workout and I am right at 200!!! That means all in all I've lost 30 lbs! I am so proud of myself and happy that the results are coming! Today I had a relative ask me for advice and how I started my journey. I gotta tell you it felt awesome for someone to look to me for inspiration. So I broke it down for her. At least its what works for me:
- count your calories!
I can't stress enough how much counting calories has done for me. It has openend my eyes and allowed me to stay at my calorie goals each day. To be honest I don't do it as often as I used to when I first started, but I think its because I'm starting to rock at portion control.
- drink tons of water
Water and I used to not get along so much but ever since I gave up everything but water and 1% milk (ok and alcoholic beverages occasionally), I really don't have a choice. I suck it up and drink about 6 16oz water bottles a day. And honestly its begining to grow in me. Of course the benefits are a plus.
- work out!!
working out is an essential part of losing weight but you gotta find what workouts you enjoy and what you feel comfortable with. Some like to walk/jog, others like the Zumba craze, others enjoy bicycling, etc. My thing right now is the CrossRamp elliptical. I set it on #7 (that's the interval preset) for about 40 mins and I can burn up to 450 cals! The remaining 15 to 20 mins I incorporate weight training and about 100 crunches on the crunch machine. That's what works for me.
- have breakfast
Don't ever skip breakfast. As cliche as it sounds, it is the most important meal of the day. It helps kick start your metabolism. Choose your meals wisely though. A McBiscuit does not help with the weight loss process. If you find youself running tight on time in the mornings just blend up a shake. A cup of Greek yogurt, some milk, and your favorite fruit thrown into the blender should suffice. No need to get all Betty Crocker on a weekday morning.
- no fast food!
This one was a hard one to let go of for me cause I was a SonicWhataburgerKingTacoVilla freak. Seriously. It took all I had not to stop at one of these fast food places while I was out running errands. Occasionally I will have me some Chik-Fil-A. What? I'm only human. Moderation is key!
- You seriously have to want it.
Last, I truly believe that you have to be ready for a change. It's kinda like when a person decides to devote themselves to God and step away from all vices. It's like that but with your eating habits. You have to understand its not a temporary diet. It's a way of living. You have to give it your all and I can bet you will see results. Yes you will have your down days when you don't feel like you will ever lose the weight or you just want to give in to that bag of chips. We all do. Were only human. But we have to get ourselves together and remember the battle we are fighting. It takes 4 weeks for YOu to notice a change, 8 weeks for friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Don't give up.



No comments:

Post a Comment