Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fun Fitness Facts

Need a little boost?
Want to fill your brain with awesome knowledge?
Need something interesting to read while sitting at your desk at work?
Want to know approximately how many calories you can burn by doing day to day things?
Of course you do!
I Googled 10 random facts that'll make you think....



Fact #1: Scientists estimate that laughing 100 times is equivalent to a 10-minute workout on a rowing machine.
Go rent a funny movie off Redbox on your way home from work today and don't be afraid to laugh out loud!

Fact #2: Kissing Burns 2 Calories Per Minute.
A two minute kissing session can only lead to the next fact.

Fact #3: Sex burns about 360 calories per hour.
Come on ladies! We all knew this one was coming. Ain't nothing wrong with having a little sexy time with your partner, especially if it involves burning those calories!

Fact #4Dieters who sleep more take off more fat that those who sleep less.
More sleep= Less fat. Excuse me while I go overdose on some Nyquil.

Fact #5: Fidgeting can burn about 350 calories a day.
Now I don't totally hate my Restless Leg Syndrome.

Fact #6: Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie!
Hmmmm... you may want to reconsider your day job at the post office.

Fact #7: A person will burn 7 percent more calories if they walk on hard dirt compared to pavement.
Consider trail running or taking a hike as opposed to running on the sidewalk.

Fact #8: Gardening is said to be one of the best exercises for maintaining healthy bones.
Maybe it's about time I pull out the weeds in my backyard that have been on my to-do list since the beginning of summer.

Fact #9: Building a sandcastle burns 100 calories an hour.
For those of you who live near the beach, instead of just soaking up the sun, how about burn some calories while you're out there. As for me... I may just have to take a road trip to the nearest beach and make sure I burn those calories off. Or I could just go to Home Depot and buy a few sacks of sand and build my own sand lot....Nah.

Fact # 10: 16 minutes of mowing the lawn can burn up to 102 calories!
Get your hubby into the fitness craze (and into mowing the lawn) by hinting on this fitness fact!











Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment